g9d - A music daemon in go
g9d started of like a fork of m9u in go but now have some differences and some extra features.
Basic functionality works atm, no releases have yet been made.
Differences between g9d and m9u
- Written in Go rather than C
- Comes with an ugly helper program to help you sync between the differences in the namespaces.
- Uses plumber rather than implementing it's own event system and sends events to music by default.
- Supports pausing, timing events and maybe more.
- Tries to match all sane functions of mpd
- Write tests
- A featured full player
- Write docs.
To use g9d to it's fullest you need Plan 9 from User Space with plumber running.
To install with the go install tool:
go get code.google.com/p/go9p/p go get code.google.com/p/goplan9/plan9 go get code.google.com/p/goplan9/plumb
To get the latest, maybe not so stable source
git clone https://github.com/dagle/g9d
You can also browse the online repository
g9d is released under the MIT License.